Tuesday, April 8th
Well today was a quiet day here in China. We really didn’t have any outings planned, we felt like kids in trouble (we were grounded and couldn’t leave our rooms), to wait for problems with our paperwork. Luckily, there were no problems, and we only had to stay in our room for about an hour or so. K.T. napped while we were waiting, and Alyssa, Mikaela, and Bobo had some K.T. – free time at the park.
Afterwards, we played in the hallway with the other kids, and then we and another couple went to a yummy Chinese place across the street for lunch. (I know, eating again!)
This evening our guide arranged for a dinner boat cruise. The cruise was fun, and just the right length. The food however was a bit unrecognizable. I got what I thought were some kind of meatball – not quite sure what that texture was, but I’m pretty sure it had nothing to do with meat!!
Bobo just came back to the room after taking the laundry down. He got propositioned inside the 7-11! Place to go to pick up chicks (or prostitute in this case) when in china – take note!
Tomorrow, we’re off to the consulate to take our oath, then back to the room to pack and surprise Bobo with a birthday cake. He doesn’t know about it. It was the girl’s idea. We’ll buy a yummy cake at the local bakery (just outside the hotel) – I know, more eating.
It’s up early Tuesday morning to fly to Hong Kong. Then we’ll go directly from the air port to Disneyland. We’ll spend the night there, then off to the hotel Friday morning for an 11 o’clock flight. We’ll back in the states at 2:50 p.m. Friday.
I’m not sure what internet access will be like in Hong Kong, but will post again tomorrow night if able.
Well today was a quiet day here in China. We really didn’t have any outings planned, we felt like kids in trouble (we were grounded and couldn’t leave our rooms), to wait for problems with our paperwork. Luckily, there were no problems, and we only had to stay in our room for about an hour or so. K.T. napped while we were waiting, and Alyssa, Mikaela, and Bobo had some K.T. – free time at the park.
Afterwards, we played in the hallway with the other kids, and then we and another couple went to a yummy Chinese place across the street for lunch. (I know, eating again!)
This evening our guide arranged for a dinner boat cruise. The cruise was fun, and just the right length. The food however was a bit unrecognizable. I got what I thought were some kind of meatball – not quite sure what that texture was, but I’m pretty sure it had nothing to do with meat!!
Bobo just came back to the room after taking the laundry down. He got propositioned inside the 7-11! Place to go to pick up chicks (or prostitute in this case) when in china – take note!
Tomorrow, we’re off to the consulate to take our oath, then back to the room to pack and surprise Bobo with a birthday cake. He doesn’t know about it. It was the girl’s idea. We’ll buy a yummy cake at the local bakery (just outside the hotel) – I know, more eating.
It’s up early Tuesday morning to fly to Hong Kong. Then we’ll go directly from the air port to Disneyland. We’ll spend the night there, then off to the hotel Friday morning for an 11 o’clock flight. We’ll back in the states at 2:50 p.m. Friday.
I’m not sure what internet access will be like in Hong Kong, but will post again tomorrow night if able.
1 comment:
Hi Gail,
I read up on your exciting trip. You'll be home soon. I think the beans you ate were Azuki Beans. We get them in a small red can at the grocery store or Asian market and eat them with - yep! - vanilla ice cream and other recipes. They are very sweet and yummy. Good luck feeding Ken here with grocery prices today! Yikes! See you soon - the Russons.
Post a Comment