Monday, March 31st
It was still chilly today, though it warmed up a bit this afternoon. We’ll label the day Bobo’s Poo Day!!
We got up this morning and took a boat tour of the West Lake (which is actually located just across the street from our hotel). We actually had a boat with inside seats, but some rude old people sat in there, and even though we had babies, they didn’t offer up seats. We ended sitting outside wrapped in blankets.
We walked through some beautiful gardens, and saw an albino peacock. It was very pretty.
We stopped for tea at a tea garden – it was cool, you saw all of the tea fields and the ladies picking the tea. It was quite interesting. The best part was when liquid started dropping off Bobo (who happened to be carrying K.T. at the time). Yea, you guessed it – K.T. had initiated Bobo and poo’d all over him. It was quite disgusting, and I wasn’t the one that had to smell like that.
We stopped at a local restaurant for lunch and had lotus chicken, taro root, some pork something, and fried rice (I think I’m turning into rice!).
After a brief episode of Benadryl – it is (I’ve had a bit of a runny nose and some sneezing going on). We went out again to the Steak King. Tonight my specialty was the cornless corn chowder. It was good, though it kind of tasted like watered down rice (I’m dying here without salt!).
Tomorrow we’re going to an older part of Hangzhou in the morning, and an “entertainment show” in the evening, we leave here on Thursday morning.
It was still chilly today, though it warmed up a bit this afternoon. We’ll label the day Bobo’s Poo Day!!
We got up this morning and took a boat tour of the West Lake (which is actually located just across the street from our hotel). We actually had a boat with inside seats, but some rude old people sat in there, and even though we had babies, they didn’t offer up seats. We ended sitting outside wrapped in blankets.
We walked through some beautiful gardens, and saw an albino peacock. It was very pretty.
We stopped for tea at a tea garden – it was cool, you saw all of the tea fields and the ladies picking the tea. It was quite interesting. The best part was when liquid started dropping off Bobo (who happened to be carrying K.T. at the time). Yea, you guessed it – K.T. had initiated Bobo and poo’d all over him. It was quite disgusting, and I wasn’t the one that had to smell like that.
We stopped at a local restaurant for lunch and had lotus chicken, taro root, some pork something, and fried rice (I think I’m turning into rice!).
After a brief episode of Benadryl – it is (I’ve had a bit of a runny nose and some sneezing going on). We went out again to the Steak King. Tonight my specialty was the cornless corn chowder. It was good, though it kind of tasted like watered down rice (I’m dying here without salt!).
Tomorrow we’re going to an older part of Hangzhou in the morning, and an “entertainment show” in the evening, we leave here on Thursday morning.
1 comment:
Gail, I'm enjoying your blog, and am glad that you're taking this time to bond with your new son. Just don't eat the monkey brains, we Americans just aren't wired for that. Have a great and meaningful visit and get back here safe!
R Myers
Post a Comment