Monday, March 24, 2008

We're Here!

Saturday, March 22, 2008
We had an early morning wake up call at 2:45 from our tremendous hosts at the Ramada Inn. We got up (yes, even the girls were fully awake), and caught the shuttle to DIA. We were supposed to be there at 4:00 for the international flight, imagine our surprise when the check-in kiosks didn’t open until 4:30!! Actually, it was good, we were the 2nd in line, and it took the lady over 15 minutes to check us in. (They had the four of us in three different locations on the plane, and the only seats that were together were Alyssa and Mikaela’s!).

We had a pretty much uneventful transfer in Chicago. The girls ate bagels, muffins, Chinese noodles, hot and sour soup, and popcorn. Okay, let me explain that our layover was only 3 hours!

We got seats in front of each other, one girl with each of us for the long flight over. It’s now 6:54 p.m. Colorado time. We’ve seen some Victorian movie, taken two naps, eaten pretzels / barbeque beef / and noodles. We’ve still got 7 more hours on this flight – two more movies (right now we’re watching Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium).
We’ve already experienced our first mystery substance (I don’t know if I can even call it meat). It was something pink and tannish that was dehydrated in our noodles. (Chinese experience #1).

Alyssa wants to play games, and I don’t want the battery to burn before that. I’ll type more from our hotel room. . .

No comments: