Sunday, March 30th
It was a nasty weather day here. Just drizzly all day and extremely cold. While we were at the park yesterday, we met a little elderly man who invited us to a Tai Chi session early this morning, so we got dressed, and went over before we ate breakfast. There wasn’t anyone there! Bobo said, “He’s probably hiding in the bushes saying – Those silly Americans!”
We came back to the hotel for breakfast, then went out to the local supermarket for some fresh bread and cookies. Then it was back to the hotel to pick up our laundry ($45 worth!). At least we had warm clothes to wear – I’d sent all the girls long pants to the laundry, thinking we’d get them back the same day – not two days later!
This afternoon we met in the lobby with another couple and our local CCAI representative. We went to church with her. We couldn’t get out of her what type of church it was, but she kept saying a Baptism church (whatever that is!). It was actually very nice (for the 30 minutes I got to enjoy it before we had to K.T. out). They sang some of the old songs, in Chinese – actually the whole sermon was in Chinese. We asked Rebecca (our guide) what the sermon was about and she said it was about raising your children up to show love – for their parents, their grandparents, their family, and God. (What are the chances?)
The church itself was huge and beautiful. The minister was a lady, and they had a choir. They did not, however, have heat – or a cry room. When K.T. decided to act up, I got to stand outside with him (remember I said it was cold?). The service lasted about 2 hours – so that was one cold time.
Bobo took Alyssa to “exercise” around the hotel (otherwise known as doing cartwheels up and down the hallway).
We ate at the restaurant hotel today where items on their menu included snake head in red sauce and pigeon blood soup. Needless to say, we stuck with fried rice, cabbage, and sweet and sour pork (oh, how I hope that was pork!)
It was a nasty weather day here. Just drizzly all day and extremely cold. While we were at the park yesterday, we met a little elderly man who invited us to a Tai Chi session early this morning, so we got dressed, and went over before we ate breakfast. There wasn’t anyone there! Bobo said, “He’s probably hiding in the bushes saying – Those silly Americans!”
We came back to the hotel for breakfast, then went out to the local supermarket for some fresh bread and cookies. Then it was back to the hotel to pick up our laundry ($45 worth!). At least we had warm clothes to wear – I’d sent all the girls long pants to the laundry, thinking we’d get them back the same day – not two days later!
This afternoon we met in the lobby with another couple and our local CCAI representative. We went to church with her. We couldn’t get out of her what type of church it was, but she kept saying a Baptism church (whatever that is!). It was actually very nice (for the 30 minutes I got to enjoy it before we had to K.T. out). They sang some of the old songs, in Chinese – actually the whole sermon was in Chinese. We asked Rebecca (our guide) what the sermon was about and she said it was about raising your children up to show love – for their parents, their grandparents, their family, and God. (What are the chances?)
The church itself was huge and beautiful. The minister was a lady, and they had a choir. They did not, however, have heat – or a cry room. When K.T. decided to act up, I got to stand outside with him (remember I said it was cold?). The service lasted about 2 hours – so that was one cold time.
Bobo took Alyssa to “exercise” around the hotel (otherwise known as doing cartwheels up and down the hallway).
We ate at the restaurant hotel today where items on their menu included snake head in red sauce and pigeon blood soup. Needless to say, we stuck with fried rice, cabbage, and sweet and sour pork (oh, how I hope that was pork!)
The last picture is a squat potty -- the girls are ahead of me on this one. I've never used one, but the girls had to go at the department store yesterday, so they both did (though I helped a bit).
No comments:
Post a Comment